Terms and Conditions for Draft-2-Dream 2020 Package
Please note: The Book Reality Experience accepts all genres of book for review but we retain the right not to proceed with projects we find are inflammatory, racist, sexist or otherwise offensive. Any decision not to proceed on these grounds is final and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event that your manuscript falls within this criteria we shall respectively decline to assist you.
Statement about copyright: Your Manuscript and all your work is protected under Copyright in accordance with international copyright law and in no way will that copyright be encroached upon by the Book Reality Experience,
- Places on the 2020 special package deal are strictly limited. When all available slots are filled the package will be terminated without notice.
- Your manuscript must be limited to a textual work only with no more than 90,000 words and written in the primary language of English.
- The manuscript must be submitted to The Book Reality Experience in a word doc or docx format. No other format, including Google Docs, or PDF can be accepted.
- All applications must be received prior to 5PM GMT on 11 December 2020.
- Interior format for an 8″ x 5″ (203mm x 127mm) paperback (or hardback) will be provided by The Book Reality Experience.
- Interior format for a free-flowing electronic book interior in both mobi and epub will be provided by The Book Reality Experience.
- Cover Design will be provided by The Book Reality Experience. The author will have three iterations and variations of cover to choose from. Cover designs will be prepared based on a written description of your requirements. Up to three separate designs will be provided for your selection. Further revisions and designs would incur additional fees. Any subsequent fees would be agreed in advance. Back “blurb” text and spine requirements will be provided by you.
- No editing, either structural, copy or proof is included within the package. Editing services can be requested and Book Reality will connect you to our editorial team at which point any negotiations, costs or services will be decided between you and the editor separately.
- The Book Reality Experience will aim to complete all works requested within 90 days of receipt of the deposit fee. Final fees must be paid and receipted prior to The Book Reality Experience releasing the book files to you.
- The Book Reality Experience is a publishing assistance service. The 2020 package does not construe a formal offer of publication by us. Any enquiries about our assisted publishing under our ISBN and contractual arrangements will be dealt with outside of the terms and conditions of the 2020 package. Please contact us for details.
- Payment terms are 50% deposit on acceptance of your manuscript into the program and 50% prior to release of finalised files. Authors may pay all fees in advance if they prefer.
- All fees are to be paid by direct bank transfer to Book Reality’s nominated account in either USD, GBP or AUD.
- Payment via paypal will attract additional transaction fees payable by the author.
Book Reality is a Partner Member of the Alliance of Independent Authors and proud to uphold the ALLI’s Code of Standards for ethical business practices.
Book Reality is proud to be an associate member of the Australian Publishers Association
The Book Reality Experience is a Leschenault Press Imprint
*All references to Ingram Spark, Draft2Digital and Amazon's CreateSpace and Kindle Direct Publishing are under © ® and TM provisions
of original owners with nil claim or rights made or inferred by The Book Reality Experience.
Please Note: The Book Reality Experience is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.
We respectfully caution Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers that this website contains images of people who have passed away.