YES – we are Open for Submissions
Hello – Prospective author, first time writer, experienced old hand – and everyone else… PLEASE help us to help you –
You get one shot at this – so make it your best – and follow our guidelines – PLEASE 🙂
Book Reality is a digital and print publishing assistance service offering partnership publishing solutions to authors. We have different pathways available and we will recommend what we think works best, BUT – Before submitting, be aware – WE DO NOT ACCEPT ALL submissions. So, to stand the best chance:
1. Please ensure you have read our Frequently Asked Questions.
2. Follow the instructions:
We are accepting new submissions but please take a look at what we need when you send us your work for consideration.
Any submissions not following these guidelines will not be considered. Thank you for your cooperation.
To submit your work to us please email email@example.com with a synopsis of your work (if you are not sure what a synopsis is, Google it).
In a separate attachment, provide the first three chapters (or first 5000 words) of your manuscript. ONLY attach Word or PDF format documents.
At the head of your synopsis please put your:
- Full name,
- The title and full word count of the finished manuscript,
- Your contact details – including your location (a state or a country is fine – we only need it for time zone management purposes).
Also include any previous publishing history and who you think your book will appeal to.
- Your manuscript should be laid out as follows:
- Times New Roman font 12,
- 2.54cm margins all around
- PDF or Word Doc or Word Docx –
If you cannot submit in this format we will not be able to assess your work.
- We are currently taking 4 weeks minimum to assess submissions. We do not give comments on any manuscripts we reject but we do contact each author who submits their work to us.
- We do not charge an assessment or reading fee.
- If we are interested in assisting you we will advise if that is in:
- a traditional method (fully funded, with royalty split),
- a hybrid method, (author funded, with royalty split)
- or assisted self-publishing method, (author funded, no royalty split).
- Once more, to reiterate – We recommend that you make yourself familiar with our services and that you have read through our FAQs (Click here to access them).
*Please note: Leschenault Press and our other publishing imprints (The Book Reality Experience and Latharna Press) accept all genres for review, but we retain the right to not proceed with projects we find are inflammatory, racist, sexist or otherwise offensive. Any decision to not proceed is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
A statement about copyright: Your Manuscript and all your work is protected under copyright and in no way will that copyright be encroached upon by Leschenault Press or its imprints, in accordance with the copyright laws of Australia.
“As an already published author, I was looking to have more control over the publication and marketing process with my second book… I chose [Book Reality] to publish my second novel, frenzship. I have been delighted with the service which can be end-to-end covering the whole publication, registration and marketing process or just assistance with various aspects of the process if you want to do more yourself. I unreservedly commend Ian Andrew and the Book Reality Experience to anyone looking for an independent publishing facilitator.”
The Book Reality Experience is a Leschenault Press Imprint
*All references to Ingram Spark, Draft2Digital and Amazon's CreateSpace and Kindle Direct Publishing are under © ® and TM provisions
of original owners with nil claim or rights made or inferred by The Book Reality Experience.
Please Note: The Book Reality Experience is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.
We respectfully caution Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers that this website contains images of people who have passed away.